martin_nz
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Martin

Issues with Veeam after upgrade to ESXi 5.1 U3

Post by martin_nz »

Support case ID 0178596

Hello
I have recently upgrade to ESXi 5.1 update 3. I can replicate servers from one of my ESXi servers fine in VCenter but when I replicate from the other ESXi box I get the following error

Code: Select all

Processing AWSILNET Error: File does not exist or locked. VMFS path: [[V3700_NSAS] AWSILNET/AWSILNET.vmx]. Please, try to download specified file using connection to the ESX server where the VM registered. Failed to create NFC download stream. NFC path: [nfc://conn:awsvc2k8.awslegal.internal,nfchost:host-161,stg:datastore-29@AWSILNET/AWSILNET.vmx]. 
I haven't rebooted this box yet but will be doing so tonight.

I did have some issues with licensing which mysteriously came right.

Anyone else seen this issue?
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Re: Issues with Veeam after upgrade to ESXi 5.1 U3

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Have you tried restarting management agent?
martin_nz
Enthusiast
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Martin

Post by martin_nz »

Yesterday I restarted my VCenter services and the backups started running again. I rebooted the problematic ESXi host last night and everything has been fine since then.

I do have one query though - When connecting using vCenter I can download VMX files from datastores on my master ESXi box (I have my 2 boxes running in a HA configuration) but I cannot download them from the second ESXi box. If I dial directly onto each of them I can download VMX files from them. I have tried this on a couple of other sites and the same thing happens so I am wondering if this is a vCenter thing and not a Veeam issue.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 729 times

Post by PTide »

There is a thread where folks had a similar issue, also with a specific host. Please take a look.

Thank you.