Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
philfreund
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Phil Freund

Job Configuration Reporting

Post by philfreund »

Is there any way to get a report of job configuration info for all backup and backup copy jobs? I want to be able to have a consolidated view of all job parameters, especially the number of restore points set for a job. It's too labor intensive to get the data through the console.
DeadEyedJacks
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Dead-Data

Re: Job Configuration Reporting

Post by DeadEyedJacks »

Veeam One reporter has just such a report "Job Configuration Dump", list all the options and their values.
philfreund
Enthusiast
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Phil Freund

Post by philfreund »

I hadn't seen that report but it does have -everything- in it. However, it's got so much data in it that it's not much more useful than going into the console and getting only the specific data I want, particularly since the Excel output option puts each job in a separate worksheet. Is there any way to create a more limited report using PowerShell where I can just get the columns I want for each job and job type and put the data out one line per job so I can easily scan through the results? I looked at the PowerShell Reference but it doesn't give a list of the job column names that go with the cmdlets which I would need to only report the specific info I need.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2252 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Check PowerShell subforum; there should be various examples of requested script. Thanks.
DeadEyedJacks
Veeam ProPartner
Liked: 26 times
Full Name: Dead-Data

Post by DeadEyedJacks »

Re Veeam One report, You can be selective about the option sections you want, change the output format to CSV and then filter the results to just show the items you are interested in.
(For backup jobs, storage section contains "Restore Points to Keep" field, for Copy jobs GFS and Target sections give retention details)