Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
seapro220
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: mark foster

job reporting

Post by seapro220 »

Hello. New to Veeam but like so far. I have a question about the reporting options. It seems that I am able to successfully configure the backup server to email me the status of my reports, as html w/o any issues. My issue is that if I'm 'not on site' then I'm unable to read the report status and therefor have to connect 'into' my network to review the report. I know I can create DNS records to resolve the info and allow access internally to my systems to read the report - but is there a method of generating the report in a pdf or text report so I can retrieve/see the data in another format?

thanks -
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: job reporting

Post by foggy »

Not sure what actually your issue is, but you cannot get reports other than in HTML. You can, however, export information to a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet and also get remote access to reports, both via Enterprise Manager.
seapro220
Enthusiast
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: mark foster

Re: job reporting

Post by seapro220 »

the question is whether I can get the report is any other format, except HTML - which you seemed to have answered.
perhaps in the future Veeam will offer the reports in a pdf format for example as an option. If this was an option then receiving/viewing the 'status report' from my backup would be possible on any device. That's what I'd like to see.