Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Peejay62
Expert
Liked: 37 times
Full Name: Peter Jansen

Jobs qeued for retry, visibillty

Post by Peejay62 »

Hi,

I (still) run v7. Taking a look at the job view I noticed it isn't visible that a job (that has failed) will retry. So you have status "stopped" or the progress of that job and the last result, failed, succes or warning. I didn't pay a lot of attention to that in the past, but, after having lots of jobs failing last night, I didn't have a good view on the damage and i really missed that insight. Are there jobs queued for a retry, have the definitely failed , which one to look first etc.? Hard to see. It would be a good enhancement to have at least something mentioning a job is queued for retry. For example in the status field "retry queued". I don't know if V8 has some enhancements for this. If it still lacks this, maybe a suggestion to look at that as an enhancement?

Thanks, Peter
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Jobs qeued for retry, visibillty

Post by Shestakov »

Hi Peter,
The behavior is the same for 8th version.
For now you can check if there were retries of the job with their statuses and if "Automatic retry" option is specified for the job at all.
In my opinion, your request makes sense. We will discuss whether to include the feature in the next versions.
Thank you!
Peejay62
Expert
Liked: 37 times
Full Name: Peter Jansen

Post by Peejay62 »

Hi,

ok, thanks for the reply and starting up the discussion! What you say is exactly what I had to do, check all the statuses.. We have a number of automatic retry on all jobs, but then you can imagine it getting a kind of spaghetti if you have to look into that in the middle of jobs running, failing etc to make a good assesment and prioritize the work to be done fixing things.

thanks, Peter
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

I guess, additional record in the action can help in the future. We will try to find the most intuitive way to inform a user.
For now I can also suggest to enable a notification for the job to be informed as soon as the job fails.
Thanks.