- Posts: 1
- Liked: never
- Joined: Mar 24, 2010 8:51 am
- Full Name: Matteo
I have a Windows Server 2008 with Veeam backup and an RDX-reader installed.
The backup is written on the RDX. This operation works.
I have 2 questions.
- Can I label the RDX-tape?? For example: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday.. So that if I forget to change the tape it does not overwrite the backup of previous day.
- The RDX-tape had 500 GB of memory, can I save backup of Tuesday more time? I have a error, it says me that the name of backup exist already on the tape.. Can I insert a var (Example: Tuesday %date%) in the Job name??
- Product Manager
- Posts: 24961
- Liked: 2115 times
- Joined: Mar 30, 2009 9:13 am
- Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov
I'm not sure I got you right, but could you please clarify how you want to label RDX-tapes using Veeam? If you want to store 2 Tuesday backups, you may try to script this as a workaround:
1. copy existing VBK file to any place
2. rename VBK by (adding "_1" for example)
3. move renamed VBK file to RDX-tape
You will be able to import that renamed VBK later to Veeam backup console to perform a restore. Also be aware that we are addressing tape integration issues with "tape-friendly synthetic" backup mode (this is how we call it internally), this option will be a part of our next release.
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 40 guests