I believe I have been confronted with one of the most curious errors during my work in IT:
The task was to migrate a VBR server (9.0 Update xx) to a new VM and configure an backup to tape job.
A customer of us set up a new Server 2012R2 VM and my job was to do the fresh install of VBR 9.5 U1. I also disconnected the iSCSI Backup repo from the old VBR, connected it to the new VM and started the database restore tool.
I chose the migration, selected the latest configuration backup point (also on the iSCSI LUN), entered the password for the backup, it started to analyse the backup file, and BAM! the VM lost its network connection. No ping, nothing. Disconnecting and reconnecting the VM via vSphere Client didn't help. The network came only after a restart back.
I have to add that windows didn't receive any updates so far.
What I then did was to copy the backup file to the local disk, started the restore (the network connection has been lost this time, too!!) and rebooted the VM after successful restore. Now Veeam seems to work fine (starts without errors).
Before I noe do the first test backup I install the pending 188 updates for MSFT Windows
I'm wondering if somebody else had to deal with such a curiosity...