Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
George
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: George

Manage and Monitor

Post by George »

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if some of the following would be possible.

I have five sites, one is the HQ and four different office locations. Each of my five sites has a Veeam Backup Server running the backups for each individual site. What I would like to do is be able to monitor all of the five sites from either one monitoring API or just from Enterprise manager.

Would I require a central Veeam server and a VPN to each site to achieve this?

Thanks! :D
Veeam-dsiles
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: David Siles

Re: Manage and Monitor

Post by Veeam-dsiles » 1 person likes this post

George,

You would need network connectivity to the sites via VPN or port forwarding (not necessarily recommend for security reasons) for Enterprise Manager to be able to monitor those single installed instances of Veeam backup.

Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager Service uses port 9394 to collect data from backup servers added to Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager, as for Veeam Backup Service it uses port 9392 (calls are coming from Enterprise Manager Service), so you need those 2 ports to be published for proper communication.

You do not need to install another full installation of Veeam Backup at the central site just to run Veeam Enterprise Manager. It can be installed on its own.
David Siles
Director, Worldwide Technical Operations
Veeam Software