Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
northcloud-morgan
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Morgan Matheson

Migrating backups to new storage

Post by northcloud-morgan »

We currently have backups on an HP StoreOnce deduplicating appliance. We have purchased a replacement (Another StoreOnce). I need to move the current backup chains from the old StoreOnce to the new one. Since these appliances can't be accessed via CIFS/SMB etc, it seems that the best way to move the data is using a Veeam copy job to replicate the data, then move the destination on the backup job to the new device. Is there a better way to achieve this.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Migrating backups to new storage

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums. I would to with the file copy job because you can do the migration "per job".

As an alternative you could also migrate to a scale out repository and use "evacuate". But if you do that, the old StoreOnce will be not available until the migration finished. If you only keep a few weeks, then I would not even migrate. Just start a new backup chain on the box.

Best regards,
Hannes
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy » 1 person likes this post

File Copy will not help in the case of Catalyst. It's either SOBR evacuate or HPE internal tool.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Post by HannesK » 1 person likes this post

correct, forget my answer about the file copy job... I forgot that there is a limitation for StoreOnce systemes mentioned here https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... l?ver=95u4