Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
JBWH
Lurker
Liked: 1 time

Modify a Backup Copy job without resetting interval?

Post by JBWH »

10.0.1.4854, with a mix of Windows Agent and Hyper-V protected assets.

I need to retire an old NAS device that to this point has been used as a Backup Copy target. Following the steps in kb1729 to move stuff to its replacement works fine, for the most part.

The problem is, since the BC job has to be disabled and then started again. This resets the interval.

We've got some of these BC jobs currently targeted at the old NAS set to run every 30 days, and they last ran a only few days ago. When I change the job to use the new target, it immediately starts copying data, since there's a new interval from having disabled and enabled the job. Aside from waiting a few weeks to change the job's target, is there any way to avoid this scenario where the BC job runs too soon?
PetrM
Veeam Software
Liked: 528 times
Full Name: Petr Makarov

Re: Modify a Backup Copy job without resetting interval?

Post by PetrM » 1 person likes this post

Hello,

What about to disable the job, modify its settings and re-enable it in a few weeks when you need it to run?

Thanks!
JBWH
Lurker
Liked: 1 time

Post by JBWH » 1 person likes this post

What about to disable the job, modify its settings and re-enable it in a few weeks when you need it to run?
Thanks! I didn't think of that, but it seems like a viable option. Leave them disabled, then create scheduled tasks that use Enable-VBRJob to turn them back on at the appropriate day/time.

For this particular use case, with fewer than 10 jobs, not a big deal; but for an environment with a lot, this doesn't seem scalable.
GregorD
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times
Full Name: Gregor Duzic

Post by GregorD »

you can also make atask scheduler with script to start or stop job. i use this ant it work perfekt.