- Posts: 3
- Liked: never
- Joined: May 07, 2017 10:51 pm
- Full Name: Nick Johnston
Much like a backup copy job but it moves instead.
I was hoping that the scale out repository would be able to achieve that but all you can do is split your vbk's & vib's between extents.
Is this possible?
Would the job have to be solely setup in Powershell and I guess rescan the repository once the files have been moved?
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 5000
- Liked: 530 times
- Joined: Feb 08, 2013 3:08 pm
- Full Name: Mike Resseler
- Location: Belgium
So you want to create a backup, let it do merges and stuff (and all the heavy lifting), and when that is done, in the backend, move the data to a next tier of storage. Correct?
There might be a few possibilities:
1. Consider your SSD as a repository01
2. Consider your HDD as repository02
3. Create a backup job and point it to repository01 with a very small amount of restore points. In the backup job, link a backup copy job so it copies the data to repository02. Because of the small amount of restore points, VBR will automatically clearout the older restore points keeping the data on repository01 limited.
Another (upcoming) item that might help you with this is the archive tier
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 26 guests