Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
pchin@sonicmfg.com
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Olivia Chin

Need suggestions on cloud providers with hybrid backup solution

Post by pchin@sonicmfg.com »

Hi, I am looking a cost effective solution to backup my servers to cloud for medium sized company. Currently, we just have backup to local storage on network. Below are some information on my environment:
- Veeam Backup & Replication 9.5 Update 4
- Platforms: All Windows based servers running on physical,VMware, Hyper-V

Which cloud storage is most common used for business, they have to be solid reliable, reasonable pricing.

Thank you.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Need suggestions on cloud providers with hybrid backup solution

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
and welcome to the forums

https://www.veeam.com/find-a-veeam-cloud-provider.html shows a list of service provider per country.

"Medium sized" for the US is a few thousand VMs with some hundred TB... while in my country it is more some hundred VMs with less than 100 TB. So it's hard to recommend anything.

If it is only about storage, then I would recommend upgrading to V10 and go with object storage to have the "copy" functionality in the scale-out repository (to ensure the 3-2-1 rule https://www.veeam.com/blog/how-to-follo ... ation.html)

The main question is, whether you are looking for object storage or a (managed) Veeam service provider?

For object storage there is AWS and Azure who charge for "everything" (API calls, egress traffic etc.) and then there are easy to calculate providers like Wasabi and Backblaze that are significantly cheaper. There is a list of compatible object storage systems / providers in the object storage forum object-storage-f52/unoffizial-compatibi ... 56956.html . You can also search on the internet for any S3 compatible provider.

Best regards,
Hannes