Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
chamcx
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: choonxye cham

Need to find out if repository on a remote network will work

Post by chamcx »

Hi,

Can anyone advise me if this configuration below will work? I have a Veeam backup server which has 2 NICs. 1 NIC is on a Network A. My Vcenter is also on Network A. The 2nd NIC is on Network B. Network A and B are not routable to each other. I have another windows server on Network B and I added a local drive of this server as a repository. Am I able to push my backup data using my Veeam Backup server into this repository?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Need to find out if repository on a remote network will

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Choonxye,

Yes, your vCenter Server does not need a network connection to the backup repository. As soon as your backup proxy/backup server can access the repository, you are in the good shape.

Thanks!
chamcx
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: choonxye cham

Re: Need to find out if repository on a remote network will

Post by chamcx »

Hi Vitaliy,

Just to provide some updates on this. I tried the above scenario on VBR v6.0 and found that backing up to the remote repository fails with a "nfc error... ". The workaround is to configure a cifs share on the remote server and use the cifs share as a repository instead. I logged a case with support on this and was told that v6.1 will resolve this issue.

Upgraded my setup to v6.1 and the problem of backing up to a remote repository is now solved.

Thanks