Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
fafa24
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

new Backup copy job with WAN

Post by fafa24 »

Hello,

We have some backup copy jobs using the WAN accelerator to our offsite. It works fine. Recently I added a new backup copy job from Endpoints backups. This backup currently only backups two computers. The backup copy job is also using the WAN accelerator. Every day one computer backup cannot be transferred offsite, but for the other in the same copy job it works fine.

The error message I get in the email log is following:

"Performing target backup data correction. Error Source WAN accelerator error: bad allocation Maximum retry count reached (5 out 5). Initial copy did not complete and will resume on the next copy interval"

I'm sure it is something with the WAN accelerator, but before I'm going to tweak it I wanted to ask the community what I should exactly change in the WAN settings?

Thanks,
Edy
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Re: new Backup copy job with WAN

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Kindly open a case with support team and post your case ID here.

Thank you.
fafa24
Enthusiast
Liked: 6 times

Post by fafa24 »

Case id is 01354374
sasiki
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Eric

[MERGED] Endpint Copy job - wan accelerator error: bad alloc

Post by sasiki »

I am using Endpoint backup for several laptops at the office. The target storage is my backup repository. I then have a backup copy job set up to copy these to a second server. I am getting an error on the backup copy for 7 of the machines. It looks like the job transfers some data but says "performing target backup data correction" several times and ultimately ends with the error "Source WAN accelerator error: bad allocation" and Maximum retry count reached (5 of 5).

The actual backup of these machines is completing successfully but the backup copy is not.
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 724 times

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Please attach your support case ID when posting about technical issues. Since the mentioned problem is realted to WAN-acc I suggest you to to contact VBR support team instead of openening a case via Endpoint GUI.

Thanks.
sasiki
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Eric

Post by sasiki »

Gah. I searched the error and did not find this thread! Thanks for merging. I also did not know if this would be covered under my VBR support agreement since it was pertaining to backup copy for Endpoint Backup. But I guess that's really a function of VBR so it would be covered.