Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
ober72
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 136 times
Full Name: Geoff Burke

NFS for backupcopy job repository

Post by ober72 »

Hi Folks,

For my remote backupcopy repository can I choose not to have the NfS, and can I remove it now even though I have jobs that have completed?

cheers
Geoff Burke
VMCA2022, VMCE2023, CKA, CKAD
Veeam Vanguard, Veeam Legend
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2257 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: NFS for backupcopy job repository

Post by veremin »

Yes, you can do this by going to the settings of backup repository -> vPowerNFS -> Enable vPower NFS, but can you tell me what is the reason behind this decision? Thanks.
ober72
Veeam Vanguard

Post by ober72 »

Hi V.Eremin,

Basically on the remote server I want to separate Veeam backupcopy job data from various Veeam servers into separate shares and use non administrator accounts. For the initial setup I believe that I need to use an admin account but then after it is up and running I wanted to switch to a non admin account. I don't know if this is possible as there needs to be access to the administrative share.

Then there is the issue of Wan accelerators, I don't know wether I can keep that separate, or for instance have different wan accelerator folders for different servers running from one service.

I hope that this is not to muddled an explanation, basically I want to separate for security reasons the backup data coming into the remote server into different shares.

thanks
Geoff Burke
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

ober72 wrote:For the initial setup I believe that I need to use an admin account but then after it is up and running I wanted to switch to a non admin account. I don't know if this is possible as there needs to be access to the administrative share.
As far as I know, we haven't tested this internally, but surely you can go on and check yourself.
ober72 wrote:Then there is the issue of Wan accelerators, I don't know wether I can keep that separate, or for instance have different wan accelerator folders for different servers running from one service.
Could you please elaborate on the entire scenario? Are you referring to the multi-tenant environment, where you want to separate data from different customers, for example?

Anyway, I'm not sure I understand how vPowerNFS plays in here, though.
ober72
Veeam Vanguard

Post by ober72 »

Hi Foggy,

Sorry for not being quite clear. I might have mistakenly thought that it is the NFS part of the repository setup that needs access to the administrative share when setting up a repository. Yes I have something like multiple customers that I want to separate in to different shares for DR and assign specific local user accounts restricted to only their shares for their backup copy jobs to go into.

thanks
Geoff Burke
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Then you might want to review this existing thread regarding similar setups.