Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
plandata_at
Enthusiast
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Plandata Datenverarbeitungs GmbH

NFS Status code 2 / AgentClosesException

Post by plandata_at »

Hi!

I have an open case #01991750 because we get NFS Status Code 2 on some Jobs on some vmdks when backing up from secondary snapvault Destination (NetApp storage). Backup worked fine for month now, and suddenly this Problems occured. (i think since upgrade to veeam 9.5, but i'm not sure)
Veeam Support says it is 100% a internal NetApp Problem (we didn't Change anything on our NetApp storage) and that they had customers before where NetApp solved this Problem.
I have opened a NetApp case now, but NetApp want's to now case numbers or similar where this Problem should have been solved before. Unfortunitly veeam Support isn't able to tell me any more Information (NetApp case number, customers Name, NetApp technical engineer etc.) where this Problem wa ssolved.

- Is anyone here who had the same Problem and cann help me with the NetApp side?
- Anyone abe to do a search in the veeam tickets to tell me more informations i can give NetApp how this was solved with other customers?
- Or even bether could any veeam employee contact a customer where the problem was solves and just do a short question for the NetApp ticket number?
- And at least a Feature request: When veeam Support says the know this Problem and had ist several times and always NetApp solved this Problem, why not aks the customer and to a short note for the netapp ticket nr. in the veeam Support case to improve futiure Support cases?

Tanks a lot!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: NFS Status code 2 / AgentClosesException

Post by foggy »

plandata_at wrote:- Anyone abe to do a search in the veeam tickets to tell me more informations i can give NetApp how this was solved with other customers?
Hi, you should ask your Veeam support engineer to do that.
plandata_at
Enthusiast

Post by plandata_at »

I have already done that, but didn't get any Information.
we found out in the meantime, when disableing asyncSession, it works. Also have opened NetApp case, but NetApp is not very interested because the say access word it works with ESXi, so ist must be Veeam site....
plandata_at
Enthusiast

Post by plandata_at » 1 person likes this post

Statusupdate: NFS Engine was changed in Veeam 9.5 through 10G Ethernet Connection now causes overload on storage, veeam Support also said something about wrong Memory Access, but didn't get that in detail. Fix for this may be (not promised!) available in Update 1 for Veeam 9.5. Refer to case ID #01991750 if anybody has the same problem and needs more Information from Veeam Support.
neilmurphy65
Enthusiast
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Neil Murphy

Post by neilmurphy65 »

Hi @plandata_at. I'm having the same issue trying to get this to work in my lab. You say disabling asyncSession helped. Can you post details of how to set this?

Thanks,
Neil.