Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Zeon
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Jonathan Spence

Notifications

Post by Zeon »

Hey guys,
I wondered if notifications only occur if you have an active support contract? Our finance department didn't pay our support renewal fee and while backup seems to work, we no longer get email notifications of how they went? We backups about 100 VMs so its quite handy to see!
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Notifications

Post by foggy »

Jonathan, product functionality does not depend on your support maintenance status. There must be something else that prevents them from being sent (or, probably, received). Have you checked e-mail settings specified in the Veeam B&R settings window? Are you able to send a test e-mail from there?
Zeon
Novice

Post by Zeon »

foggy wrote:Jonathan, product functionality does not depend on your support maintenance status. There must be something else that prevents them from being sent (or, probably, received). Have you checked e-mail settings specified in the Veeam B&R settings window? Are you able to send a test e-mail from there?
Thanks for the reply Foggy. It's weird as everything was working and then at the same time as the support required, the emails stopped. I can run the test email configuration and it comes through fine though? Any ideas?
nefes
Veeam Software
Liked: 162 times
Full Name: Nikita Efes

Post by nefes »

When support contract is expired, e-mail notifications will have [SUPPORT EXPIRED] tag at title. Is there a chance that your mail server filters such letters as a spam?
Zeon
Novice

Post by Zeon »

Hey guys,
OK I think I have more information on this. In the email settings, i had changed the port to our normal SMTP submission port, port 587. This works fine for the test email (which is received well on port 587) but when the actual job tries to generate an email we get this:
3/07/2014 12:18:08 a.m. :: Sending email report
Details: Unable to connect to SMTP server because of invalid credentials or connection settings.

So the test email works but real email doesn't? Anyway if we change the port to 25, the public submission port we indeed get the emails of job statuses with [SUPPORT EXPIRED] in the subject.

I think this must be some kind of bug in Veeam? We are using 7.0.0.771
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Jonathan, let me forward this information to our QC team for verification, thanks for the heads up.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

We have just run a quick test and changed the default port used for email notifications, no issues so far. Can you please try to search for this line in the job log file and tell us what port is mentioned there:

Code: Select all

Sending email notification ...