Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
vmtech123
Veeam Legend
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: SP

Opposite opinion

Post by vmtech123 » 39 people like this post

Because people usually comment more when they have negative things to say, I'd just like to give a thanks and shout out to Veeam support and the people on these forums that respond.

I've never had a bad support ticket, and had many answers given to me just by asking in here. Now, that's not to say the odd one has taken a bit longer than it should for sev1,sev2 etc. I just compare Veeam to other major players in the business, IBM, HP, Dell, Cisco, VMware, Brocade, Microsoft or any other vendors I use and thing the support is really good. I have had good and bad experiences with many others, but Veeam has been pretty consistent.

The VUL license thing won't work for me but I haven't been forced to change yet so I am still happy.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Opposite opinion

Post by HannesK » 3 people like this post

Hello,
thank you for the feedback, I will also forward it to support management :-)

Best regards,
Hannes
david.domask
Veeam Software
Liked: 321 times

Post by david.domask » 5 people like this post

On behalf of Support, thank you so much for the kind words @vmtech123! I've shared this with the Engineers and such commentary really does inspire them so much. They really do try hard to ensure you have these sorts of feelings as a result of working with Veeam :)

There are bumps of course as you noted, and never hesitate to let us know on those, as we're very actively working on any rough edges or bumps that appear. But really happy to hear you've had good experiences.
David Domask | Product Management: Principal Analyst
vmtech123
Veeam Legend
Liked: 134 times
Full Name: SP

Post by vmtech123 » 10 people like this post

I worked at IBM for over 12 years. Now THAT is a company that really focused on the techs getting "Very Satisfied" rating.
Unfortunately, The rating effected the onsite tech, and if there were issues shipping parts, bad parts, phone support, documentation, escalation, SLAs, or just an unhappy customer it still fell on the onsite tech.
This effected raises, promotions, PDP's, etc. To the point I'd have to explain to the customers they are rating me, and not the over all process. Even if I got "Very Satisfied" for the onsite support, but dissatisfied overall. Because of this I fill out every review for every ticket. Those guys that just click the middle all the way down can be doing more harm than they think. (unless the entire experience is mediocre)

I also found not many people call in to say "Just wanted to say thanks because we are having no issues this week" :)

Hannes, you have helped me directly in here a few times now and these forums are a great place to learn or even avoid a service ticket.

I see people come in here pretty hot sometimes complaining, but figured us happy folk should speak up once in a while too.

Have a great day.
michele.berardo
Service Provider
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Michele Berardo

Post by michele.berardo » 2 people like this post

I totally agree with you!
Veeam Support is the best ever!
m.
SLienenlueke
Service Provider
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Simon Lienenlueke

Post by SLienenlueke » 3 people like this post

vmtech123 wrote: Aug 29, 2022 2:16 pm Because people usually comment more when they have negative things to say, I'd just like to give a thanks and shout out to Veeam support and the people on these forums that respond.

I've never had a bad support ticket, and had many answers given to me just by asking in here. Now, that's not to say the odd one has taken a bit longer than it should for sev1,sev2 etc. I just compare Veeam to other major players in the business, IBM, HP, Dell, Cisco, VMware, Brocade, Microsoft or any other vendors I use and thing the support is really good. I have had good and bad experiences with many others, but Veeam has been pretty consistent.
I totally agree with that. Thank you Veeam Support for helping!
Markus M.
Enthusiast
Liked: 18 times

Post by Markus M. » 10 people like this post

For me, the forum and the professional Veeam support is an ideal combination to solve most problems.
In forum, there are Veeam professionals sending the answers and they keep focussed on topics and make the post reliable.

As I am working for a midsized company as Admin, most questions appeared have been asked and answered in the forum already, anyway.
So maybe 40..60% of the time, I am not in need to contact technical support, finding a post or documentation which helps me fixing the problem by myself.
In the other cases, my experience of Veeam technical support is very good.
Because I am sometimes a tech support guy in my business, too, my opinion is it makes live easier for all when some steps are followed:
I am sending my cases in written words instead of calling, describe it as detailed as possible and even English is not my mothers tongue, writing so is probably the best option you have.
If possible, I am creating and sending support logs right when opening the case.

As I can see, this post is followed from some people involved, I'd like to pick the oppurtunity to say "Thank you" to all backstage support engineers and people involved for their effort.
And like some other reader of the post already mentioned, comparing performance of Veeam Support, I am really satisfied with the way you are doing it.

Keep going!
david.domask
Veeam Software
Liked: 321 times

Post by david.domask » 1 person likes this post

@michele.berardo
@SLienenlueke
@Markus M.

Thank you so much for your support and kind words! :) Really this stuff helps keep the support team going and doing better and better. We're welcome to all kinds of feedback, but it definitely makes the team's day when we get some positive along with the more constructive criticism type :)

And yes, I must emphasize with Markus M.'s point that logs from the beginning is typically best to go. I know it can seem like it's just a way to meet a response, but truly a lot of situations need to be checked "what's actually happening deep down?" Not every error comes from Veeam and not every error has a 1:1 match to a solution; modern IT can be tricky.

Engineers are always taught to explain their thoughts out on a log collection a bit more, and if you're ever wondering what might be the need, don't hesitate to just ask :) But as I handle plenty of cases myself, logs give us a good portion of the picture most of the time, and help us frame the questions we need to get towards that ultimate resolution for stuff that's _not_ in the logs :)

Again, thank you everyone for your supporting words :) I've passed the topic again to the Support Team, and it's truly inspiring for them.
David Domask | Product Management: Principal Analyst
Luca Marohn
Service Provider
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Luca Marohn

Post by Luca Marohn » 5 people like this post

I totally agree with all the other positive feedbacks. As Markus mentioned for the most stuff you don't even have to open a ticket because the relevant information is somewhere else available already (KBs/community). In the rare cases where I had to open a case I had good experience only. Doesn't matter which support team (VBO, VCloud, VBR) :)

In general, veeam products are awesome to work with.. they simply work :D

Keep up the good work!
DFEX
Influencer
Liked: 5 times

Post by DFEX » 5 people like this post

I totally agree with the awesome VEEAM-support. I never ever had a negative experience with the support-engineers. They are always friendly, anxious and just in time. No worries with hindering (like lots of other vendors do) for extending the response-times forever - like (exaggerated :D ) "send me a photo of your right toe-nail"

In short: VEEAM-support is great! In addition the "word from Ghostev" is/was one of the best inside-news and tipps I've ever received - I miss them a lot.
I hope the situation on our little planet is getting better and we receive also this news and productupdates again.
JackT
Enthusiast
Liked: 10 times
Full Name: Jack T.

Post by JackT » 5 people like this post

I also must say that Veeam Support is exceptional. For a company like Veeam, they have extremely good support. I always get a response when I have a question on the forums, and I find the forums very helpful when it comes to smaller issues and queries, and other situations, go to the support team. Either way, they provide responses at speeds that match the flash. I've posted issues in the past and not even 3 minutes later, someone has responded. 3 MINUTES. I guarantee you won't get that from companies like Google, Microsoft, Amazon etc.

Keep up the good work guys!
sandsturm
Veteran
Liked: 23 times

Post by sandsturm » 7 people like this post

I have been working with Veeam for several years now. Just had a look at my veeam cases, the first one was created in 2009 and since then we had about 150 cases. It was not always easy to solve the issues we had due to the fact that our environment is not always the easieast, but anyway over all these years with all these cases it was always a pleasure to work with veeam support engineers. They are keen to help and they always know relatively fast if they have to escalte to the next level (which is unique in IT support organisations). On the one hand is the phantastic help and work of Veeam support, on the other hand the exceptional help of veeam pro's here in the forum. Both together is unique! I really don't now any other company with such a great value in this regards. I always really think twice before creating a support case with some other IT companies, because I know it will be difficult and complicate. I never had and have these feelings when creating a case with Veeam. Keep this support going as it is for the years to come and you have an inconspicuous but extremely important advantage compared to other competitors on the market.

Just one thing to sum that up:

IT JUST WORKS!

I bow respectfully and thank you very much,
sandsturm
Influencer
Liked: 8 times
Full Name: Devin Meade

Post by 18436572 » 2 people like this post

Jumping on this bandwagon too. We have been on VB&R since 2017, it was the best tech deployment I have ever been on for over 30 years. My daily routine is to look at the "Last 24 Hours" in our console. As a rule I only have "Success" available to review LOL. I do have an occasional warning that a datastore is getting full, so Veeam is great alerting tool too, I remember a post about that a year ago or so "Veeam as an Alerting System" or similar. Our environment is just humming along, thank you Veeam!