Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
matthadley
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Matt Haldey

Overriding Veeam Backup subfolder?

Post by matthadley »

Must all Veeam replications be placed under the subfolder: /Veeam Backup/? I would prefer the replications to be placed in the location of my choosing but I don't see a way to override this setting.

From the help file:
In the Replica’s name suffix field, enter a suffix that will be appended to a name of the virtual machine you are replicating. This name, with the suffix added, will be used to register the replicated virtual machine on the target server. At replication, VM files are placed on the selected datastore in /Veeam Backup/VMname(vm-ID) folder.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Overriding Veeam Backup subfolder?

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hello Matt, there is no way to override this folder in the current version, as it is hardcoded, but we are looking to provide customization for this later. Thanks!
ibeerens
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Ivo Beerens

Replication and the VeeamBackup folder

Post by ibeerens »

[merged]

I use Veeam B&R for to migrate VM's from one datacenter to another. When the VM is replicated is creates a VeeamBackup folder on the datastore. I don't want a VeeamBackup folder on the new datastore and use a storage vMotion to correct this. Is there a way to replicate the VM to the root of the datastore without the VeeamBackup folder?