Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Cesk
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Francesc

Best architecture for veeam 6.

Post by Cesk »

Hi to everyone!

For first, sorry for my english, I'm new at this forum and new in the veeam community. I'll try to explain my case as well as i can.

I want to implement veeam 6 running on Microsoft windows Server 2008 R2 , but i don't know wich architecture ( intel or amd ) offers the best performance for veeam backups. If someone else have a comparison test or any experiencie in both platform I would be grateful if you help me.
Cesk
Novice

Performance on veeam 6

Post by Cesk »

[merged]

Hi to everyone!

For first, i'm sorry for my english is not good. i'll tryu to explain my case an i hope that you can help me. :wink:

My question is about which architecture has better performance intel or amd. I want to install veeam backup 6 with windows server 2008 virtualized on vmware.
i know that depends on amount of cores and the speed per core, but i be grateful if anyone have graphics, tests or testimony about it.

Thanks !
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Performance on veeam 6

Post by foggy »

Do not think that anybody has something like that specifically for Veeam. You can use any general tests available on the net to compare. Just be noted that you do not need a powerful hardware for the computer where Veeam B&R console is installed. It is far more important to have it for the proxy servers, which actually perform data processing (see product system requirements). You can use any modern multi-core processor (minimum 2 cores, more cores - better data processing performance and more jobs concurrency).
Cesk
Novice

Re: Performance on veeam 6

Post by Cesk »

Thank you so much.

If i found an specifically solution , i'll post the results of the tests