Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
JPMS
Expert
Liked: 31 times

Perpetual Licence Maximum Maintenance

Post by JPMS »

The FAQ on support renewals says "Maintenance contracts are limited to a maximum of five years for all orders" but I'm a bit unclear what this means in practice.

If I buy a new licence, I assume this means that the maximum maintenance I can purchase at the same time is an additional four years (one year being included in the initial purchase).

What I'm unclear about is what happens after this. Do I get to the end of five years and have to buy a new licence? Or do I get to the end of five years and buy more maintenance? Or can I top up at any point during the five years as long as I don't go beyond five years maintenance?
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6724 times

Re: Perpetual Licence Maximum Maintenance

Post by Gostev »

Hello! It's the latter. You can certainly stay on maintenance forever, without ever needing to buy a new license. We just can't have customers with more than 5 years of maintenance prepaid at any given moment. Behind this limitation are some CFO/COO-level considerations around implication on Veeam's business... I got curious about this myself once - but almost sunk in the "intro" alone ;)