Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
matteu
Veeam Legend
Liked: 118 times

[SOLVED] PostgreSQL update issue: prerunscript.command.line.error

Post by matteu »

Hello,

Today I try to update Postgre SQL and when I execute the installer, I got the error : prerunscript.command.line.error

I go to the log file on path : c:\users\username\appdata\local\temp\2 and find file "installbuilder_installer.log"
It contains the reason : Windows Script Host Access Is Disabled on This Machine. Contact Your Administrator for Details

This happens because I follow the Veeam recommendation about hardening the server -> Disable VBS.

So, to update postgreSQL, first, it's needed to update the registry key at :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows Script Host\Settings
Enabled should be updated to 1

No reboot is required, just need to execute again the postgreSQL setup again and after the installation complete, update the value back to 0.

I create this topic because I think this could be mentionned somewhere on the documentation / forum
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2296 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: [SOLVED] PostgreSQL update issue: prerunscript.command.line.error

Post by Mildur »

Hi Matteu

Thanks for sharing the solution with us. Hardening a server can always lead to side effects.

By the way, it's mentioned in the user guide. But the text should be updated to cover PostgreSQL updates as well. I'll provide the feedback with our tech writers.
Configuration Parameters
Windows Script Host should be disabled
Before disabling Windows Script Host, make sure that this service is not used by backup infrastructure components you plan to install on the backup server. If there are any (for example, PostgreSQL database), it is recommended to disable the service after you install these components.

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
matteu
Veeam Legend
Liked: 118 times

Re: [SOLVED] PostgreSQL update issue: prerunscript.command.line.error

Post by matteu »

Thanks for your answer.
It's written for installation yes but it's also needed when you update it... It's not only for initial installation I mean.