Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
kevin_lang
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Kevin Lang

Pre and Post Script

Post by kevin_lang »

I setup a NAS on my network to store a separate backup from my normal backups. I have a script that will SSH to my switch and enable or disable the port that the NAS is plugged into. I set the Pre Backup script to run and it will SSH to the switch and enable the port then after the backup completes, the Post script will SSH into the switch and disable the port. This way the NAS is only online during the actual backup window. The script runs perfectly standalone, but not so well from within the Veeam Backup job and I am on Veeam 11. My question is, does Veeam wait until the Pre script is completed before starting the backup job? It seems that sometimes the job starts before the script completes the enabling of the port. I have put delays in the script to see if it helps but it does not.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Pre and Post Script

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I suggest to test the script as the user the Veeam Backup Service is running. PSEXEC can do that.

I don't know how you are doing authentication with SSH. I assume that the Veeam Backup Service is running as Local System while you tested your script as normal user. Furthermore, I assume that the authentication fails (maybe because you have to acknowledge the fingerprint or the keys are out of reach)

Best regards,
Hannes