Veteran
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Babak Seyedi nejad

proxy server for replication and backup to use compression

Post by baber »

Dear all
Hi

in your documents i read that :

from the Compression level list, select a compression level for the created VM replica: None, Dedupe-friendly, Optimal, High or Extreme. Compression is applicable only if VM data is transferred between two backup proxies. If one backup proxy acts as the source and target backup proxy, VM data is not compressed at all.

1 - is that you means for replication we have to select difference proxy for source and destination to do that work compression ???
2 - what do i have to do for backup ? because in backup job we have just one proxy server will that work in backup job with one proxy backup??

BR
DGrinev
Veteran
Liked: 247 times
Full Name: Dmitry Grinev

Re: proxy server for replication and backup to use compressi

Post by DGrinev »

Hi Babak,
baber wrote:1 - is that you means for replication we have to select difference proxy for source and destination to do that work compression ???
You should use two proxy servers for more efficient performance of the replication job. The source proxy reads data from the production, compresses and transfer it to the target proxy which decompress and writes data to the destination datastore.
baber wrote:what do i have to do for backup ? because in backup job we have just one proxy server will that work in backup job with one proxy backup??
During the backup process proxy server writes data directly to the repository in compressed state. Thanks!