Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
frejen
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Frej Eriksson

Questions regarding AIR

Post by frejen »

Hi,

I have been trying out AIR today. After some struggle with masquerade network it seems to be running fine now. But i have some questions.

1) When restoring a mailbox i thought it would be pushed back to the production Exchange. My session reports "Success" and the log shows
2011-08-11 13:21:16 STOEXC1V0001W: Application initialization
2011-08-11 13:21:16 STOEXC1V0001W: Running test scripts
2011-08-11 13:21:16 Mail Server script, path VmConnectionTester.exe, ErrCode 0
2011-08-11 13:21:16 Sending email report
2011-08-11 13:52:05 STOEXC1V0001W: Powering off

But the mailbox is not being replaced. Is it up to the admin to push back the mailbox?

2) When it comes to SQL restores i dont see any option to select which database to restore.

3) Is it possible to give end users some kind of restricted access so that they can request mailbox restores by themselves? And then admins approve them in the enterprise manager?

cheers,
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Questions regarding AIR

Post by foggy »

Hi, Frej,

1. Have you tried to run Microsoft Exchange AIR Wizard? The log you have submitted is a SureBackup job log, which just provisions the lab for restoring actual items. The actual restoration procedure is performed by the AIR wizard. Btw, Veeam is able to restore individual items (email, appointments, contacts) back into production mailbox, but not the mailbox itself.

2. Again, it seems that you haven't finished the whole process of creating and starting the virtual lab because there is an ability to specify the database and even particular objects to be restored in the Microsoft SQL AIR Wizard while preparing the lab.

3. Yes, the procedure is just like that. Users submit requests for virtual labs in which the required application should run and wait for the request to be approved. All requests are registered at the Veeam Backup Enterprise Manager. When the request is approved and the lab is ready, users can perform the restore. Please see the User Guide (p.136) for details.

Thanks!
frejen
Service Provider
Liked: never
Full Name: Frej Eriksson

Post by frejen »

Hi,

thank you for the reply. I feel a bit stupid, i totally missed the last steps outlined in the user guide on p.143 and forward. Anyhow i still have problems with the restore. I have requested an Exchange restore. The lab has been provisioned correctly. On the computer where i placed the restore it says "Lab ready" and i select Open. The wizard appears. I walk through it, but still no option to select Exchange items. Maybe this is correct. But when i click finish it fails and says "Can not connect to Enterprise Manager backend SQL server". When i cancel the wizrd it says "Remaining: Not ready". I can approve the request again. Re-run the wizard. But still fails.

Any ideas? Is this something for the support instead of the forums?

cheers
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

I think you'd better address our support team with this as logs investigation is required here.
Thanks!