Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
yemyat
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: yemyatmaung

RedHat HA Cluster with Pacemaker and NFS Mount

Post by yemyat »

Hello all folks,

I hope you all having a great days ahead.
Today I have seen in one of the customer environment that running two Red Hat Machines running ha cluster pacemaker and NFS mount on both of them. They are running on VMware Infra and accessing the NFS from one of the Virtual Machine.

Since they are using the Shared Virtual Disk last month, so VMware doesn't support the snapshot on that. This is fine.
Now they have changed to NFS, then the Veeam can do that for the two HA Clustered Machines.
I haven't tried yet to restore and backup in Lab Environment but just want some experience that familiar like this. :idea:

Have a good day all !
With Regards,
Ye' Myat
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2889 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: RedHat HA Cluster with Pacemaker and NFS Mount

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
Now they have changed to NFS, then the Veeam can do that for the two HA Clustered Machines.
Just to clarify: what exactly changed to NFS?

In general: if you have machines that mount a network share (NFS, SMB, whatever), then you can backup the VMs. But the NFS share itself it out of scope for a VM-based backup.

The VM backup will work, but it does not understand anything about the cluster technology per default. Depending on what data you have on the NFS share, you could probably backup that with NAS backup in future directly.

Best regards,
Hannes
yemyat
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: yemyatmaung

Re: RedHat HA Cluster with Pacemaker and NFS Mount

Post by yemyat »

Hi Hannes,

Thanks for your replied and provided information.
I have got the answer from you.
Best Regards,
Ye' Myat