Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
HJAdams123
Enthusiast
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Harold Adams

Reduced Performance Since Upgrading to v8

Post by HJAdams123 »

Hello and Good Morning Community....

So last night, we have a accidental deletion of Active Directory data. I was on version 7. I upgraded to version 8 because of the improved Active Directory application restore feature. (which is awesome I might add!!!) So even though I was happy with that, I noticed later that night when it was time to do backups, backups were slower than normal. Most of my jobs are reversed incremental, and are ran each night. Backup mode it [HotAdd] One thing I noticed that when a virtual machine is process, and the hard disk is attached to an appliance, it sits there for like 5-8 minutes doing nothing. The Read\Processed numbers for the disk stay at 0 KB\sec, so I know its nothing doing anything. In vCenter, I can tall the proxy server has already added the clients disk to itself. But it just sits there, then after 5-7 minutes, begins to process the disk. This may not seem like a big deal on the surface, but if you have a bunch of virtual machines in a job, that delay on each virtual disk adds up. Anyone else seeing this slowness. I do have one job that does just regular incrementals, and it did not seem to have this problem. Just the majority of my jobs, that are reverse incremental. Also by the way, these reverse incremental jobs, I don't do Active Fulls or synthetic fulls. Any feed back would be appreciated....
poulpreben
Certified Trainer
Liked: 448 times
Full Name: Preben Berg

Re: Reduced Performance Since Upgrading to v8

Post by poulpreben »

Hi Harold,

We are aware that this seems to happen in some environments, and it will be resolved with v8 Patch 1.

Stay tuned - it should be available any moment now.

Thanks,
Preben
mmonroe
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Monroe

Post by mmonroe »

I am also seeing some performance issues. My main one currently is the backup copy jobs. I have a backup copy job set to 95 days of storage. It was started about 20 days ago so at the present time it is only adding a new incremental each night and not doing any consolidation.

This job in comparison to the exact same job at the same number of days with V7 is taking 4-5 hours to create the new incremental each night ( 70-90gig) and on V7 it was taking about 1 hour at the same number of days and doing the same process with the same sized incremental.

Hopefully things will go back to the V7 performance levels with the V8 atch due out shortly. If not, I may need to revert back to V7 until there is a resolution.
nefes
Veeam Software
Liked: 162 times
Full Name: Nikita Efes

Post by nefes »

Please don't hesitate to reach out support with such cases.
It will give dev team more information about performance issues and help fixing it.
mmonroe
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Monroe

Post by mmonroe »

If the V8 patch does not resolve things, I will open a support ticket. Thanks for the help and input.
HJAdams123
Enthusiast
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Harold Adams

Post by HJAdams123 »

Okay, I will hang tight until the patch comes out.

-Harold
LarsWulf
Enthusiast
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Lars Wulf

Post by LarsWulf »

Hi Harold,

I had a similar issue after the v8 update.
I just can say to everybody: If you have a problem contact the support. In our case they provided a private fix that solved my issue.

Regards
Lars