Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
larry
Veteran
Liked: 97 times
Full Name: Larry Walker

removable disk question

Post by larry »

I am trying to send a backupcopy job to a removable disk. I have a disk for each day of week, Mon-Sun. I want the daily job to wipe disk and then backup copy from backup that day plus 7 previous backup points in the backup source. The source is a reverse incremental. Is there a way to do this? The disks will only be connected for the one day their job runs. ( Veeam 8 ) I am required to have the backup "off-line" daily by policy, we now use tape and I just grab the last seven days of files, which is full + restore points.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: removable disk question

Post by foggy »

Larry, for that case you'd better use some external file copy utility to copy the entire backup chain on the disk, since backup copy job will create a just single restore point containing the latest VMs state. You can also schedule Veeam B&R file copy job for that (provided some script cleans up the disk prior to that).
larry
Veteran
Liked: 97 times
Full Name: Larry Walker

Post by larry »

My main reason was to have the extra restore points was because there is room on the disk. Will look at a post backupcopy script to copy the next 6 newest vrb files.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Yep, this is also a viable approach.