- Posts: 38
- Liked: 1 time
- Joined: Sep 02, 2010 3:34 pm
- Full Name: John Lehtinen
1.) While capturing a replica of a VM that is currently in use - at what "point" should I consider the data to have been captured? Let's say it takes me 30 minutes to capture an entire replica - will my replica contain a snapshot of the data as it was at minute 0, at minute 30, or somewhere in-between?
2.) We push replicas to a DR site. If I failover to a replica on the DR site - for example to restore point 3 of 15 - am I correct that ONLY the replica VM is affected by this failover/restoration process? I just want to be sure Veeam doesn't try to push out the data to the original VM.
Thanks again for the help - sorry for the newbie questions. I'm getting there....!
- SVP, Product Management
- Posts: 28435
- Liked: 5108 times
- Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
- Location: Baar, Switzerland
1. At minute 0 (when VM snapshot is taken by our application).
2. Correct. We do not currently have automated failback, so there is no way that souce VM can be affected.