- Posts: 38
- Liked: 1 time
- Joined: Sep 02, 2010 3:34 pm
- Full Name: John Lehtinen
1.) While capturing a replica of a VM that is currently in use - at what "point" should I consider the data to have been captured? Let's say it takes me 30 minutes to capture an entire replica - will my replica contain a snapshot of the data as it was at minute 0, at minute 30, or somewhere in-between?
2.) We push replicas to a DR site. If I failover to a replica on the DR site - for example to restore point 3 of 15 - am I correct that ONLY the replica VM is affected by this failover/restoration process? I just want to be sure Veeam doesn't try to push out the data to the original VM.
Thanks again for the help - sorry for the newbie questions. I'm getting there....!
- SVP, Product Management
- Posts: 26701
- Liked: 4276 times
- Joined: Jan 01, 2006 1:01 am
- Location: Baar, Switzerland
1. At minute 0 (when VM snapshot is taken by our application).
2. Correct. We do not currently have automated failback, so there is no way that souce VM can be affected.
Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 39 guests