Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Eric813
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric

replica of 3 servers from a cluster backup to a DR site

Post by Eric813 »

I am trying to seed half of the machines of a cluster backup from our primary site to a DR site. what's the easiest way to seed a USB drive so i can get the data to the DR site first? should i just create a copy job for those machines and then move those files to the USB drive? i can't go to the repo and get the individual files since it's a cluster backup and everything is combined into one.

thanks !
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: replica of 3 servers from a cluster backup to a DR site

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
replica seeding is described in the user guide

Creating Replica Seeds is also described in the user guide. Yes, a USB drive (as repository) can be the target.
i can't go to the repo and get the individual files since it's a cluster backup and everything is combined into one.
I'm not sure what a "cluster backup" is under these circumstances, but I guess it's about "per-job files" instead of "per-machine files"

Best regards,
Hannes
Eric813
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Eric

Re: replica of 3 servers from a cluster backup to a DR site

Post by Eric813 »

Yes, the cluster backup is a 'per-job' backup where i am backing up everything into a single set of files with all of the vm's inside those files.

I'll create an individual seed backup of the machines and get those files to my USB drive and go from there.

thanks for the links.