Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
pronto
Expert
Liked: 4 times

Replication Job -> Delete from Disk

Post by pronto »

Hi Community,

I have some inconsistencies regarding the displayed replicas in the Veeam Backup & Replication console. I see the guests to be replicated in part up to three times. Only one of them was replicated to the current date, all others include an earlier date. Now I want to clean up the list in the Veeam console und found the option "Delete from disk" and "Remove from configuration". What option do I need to use to keep the replica while deleting the unnecessary entries in the console? I guess "Delete from disk" will delete the associated replica, isn't it? So I'll probably have to use the "Remove from configuration" option, but I would like to avoid dragging any contingencies in the metadata. What is the best way to clean up the Konsole view?

Thx & Bye Tom
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Replication Job -> Delete from Disk

Post by foggy »

Hi Tom, I'd first find out the reasons of this behavior, prior to deleting anything. However, if you have a valid working replica that is updated fine during each replication job cycle and you're positive those older VMs are not needed anymore, you can use the 'Remove from configuration' command to clean up them from Veeam B&R database and then manually delete the VMs from environment - to me this is just a safer way than using the 'Delete from disk' command directly. You can also contact support to take a look at possible reasons of this (it could a result of VMs ID change, for example).