Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
gm7zach
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Zach Rogers

replication of mysql servers

Post by gm7zach »

Hello everyone,
I am new to the Veeam world so forgive me of my ignorance if this question is "duh" to answer. How does Veeam handle database replication (in my case mysql) if the one dies in the middle of replication process? Does it corrupt and table that is was on at the time or just keep trucking once replication is picked back up? Just curious to see how Veeam handles that process if such a thing happened, which will at some point.

Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: replication of mysql servers

Post by foggy »

Hello, Zach! Replication job does not even touch the source VM itself (aside of snapshotting it). The job is "read-only" regarding the source VM, it does not modify any of the production VM's settings. Regarding the created restore points, all existing restore points will also remain intact, but the new (unfinished) one will be automatically removed by the next job run. Thanks!
gm7zach
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Zach Rogers

Post by gm7zach »

Ok sounds good to me. Thanks for the reply!
Helqasem
Expert
Liked: 28 times
Full Name: Hani El-Qasem

Post by Helqasem » 1 person likes this post

Hi Zach,

Just as an addition.. is the mysql db installed on a Linux VM? If so, you might want to find this whitepaper on our website:
"Hot backup of MySQL on a Linux VM"

Whitepaper found here: http://www.veeam.com/whitepapers.html?ad=menu

WP explains how to do an application consistent hot-backup of the VM. If it's on Windows the paper isn't relevant.

Thx.