Availability for the Always-On Enterprise
2 questions about Storage Snapshots:
- Are the OS of the VMs and their applicantions functional after restoring it from a storage snapshot? Because we dont prepare them for a backup with VSS or VMware Tools quiescence. For example an EX-DAG cant write their current transaction to the database - is the database now corrupt after this restore? Or is it like you power off the VM (no shutdown)?
- Manage + restore from Storage Snapshots is part of every license and backup from storage storage requires enterprise plus, right?
- Posts: 20
- Liked: 3 times
- Joined: Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:06 pm
Hi Robin, snapshots taken via Veeam Explorer for Storage Snapshots do not differ from the ones created via storage management console, so yes, the VMs are not quiesced and restore is similar to restore from a crash-consistent backup. You're correct on the licensing point.
- Veeam Software
- Posts: 16306
- Liked: 1302 times
- Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:22 am
- Full Name: Alexander Fogelson
Return to Veeam Backup & Replication
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Samba222 and 51 guests