Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mmonroe
Enthusiast
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Monroe

Restores and History

Post by mmonroe »

We are on Veeam 7.0.0.871. I see restores showing under the "last 24 hours" area, however, they do not appear to be getting populated down in the History area. I looked back for months in the history and see no entries for the restores we are doing.

Are we doing something goofy or is this a programming issue?

Thanks.. MarkM
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Re: Restores and History

Post by Shestakov »

Hello Mark,

You are not doing a goofy thing, it might be a bug.

Could you specify what kind of restore job you can see under "last 24 hours", but can not in "History"?
Providing screenshot can help us to find the issue as well.

Thank you for the feedback!
mmonroe
Enthusiast

Post by mmonroe »

We had done a Windows file level restore on a Windows 2000 server. We restored/copied a single PST file onto the Veeam server. Under the "24 hours history" it showed the restore job, the user, the comments and whatnot - nice. I went to the "History" tab and did not see the job. I then scrolled down through all of the history and noticed that there were no restore jobs listed at all - ever - for any server.

I would need to do a "test" restore so that it would show up on the "24 hours history" area and could then do a screen shot of that along with the history tab. I will try to get that for you today. /mm
Shestakov
Veteran
Liked: 781 times
Full Name: Nikita Shestakov

Post by Shestakov »

Mark,
mmonroe wrote: I went to the "History" tab and did not see the job. I then scrolled down through all of the history and noticed that there were no restore jobs listed at all - ever - for any server.
I`m a bit confused here. If you click "History" then "Restore" you will see all and only restore jobs activity.
If you see no restore jobs there is nothing to scroll. Could you please clarify that?

Thank you.
mmonroe
Enthusiast

Post by mmonroe »

As I suspected, I was doing something goofy. When I clicked on "history", I thought all of the jobs would be listed in the list that populated on the right. I now see that I need to select "restore" to see the restore jobs and that I can drill down to Full VM restores, file restores, etc.

I think I understand now. Most of the other "tabs" show you "everything" on the right after you click on them but the history one doesn't and requires you to drill down to the restores to see them.

I am good now.. Thanks for the help and patients.. /mm