Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
tsightler
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2159 times
Full Name: Tom Sightler

Re: Robocopy and corrupt files

Post by tsightler » Oct 17, 2011 8:07 pm

Certainly true. I guess I assumed he meant mapped as in "mapped drive". If your mapping an NTFS formatted iSCSI LUN to more than a single host, that's a path to certain corruption.

Gostev
SVP, Product Management
Liked: 3278 times

Post by Gostev » Oct 21, 2011 11:10 am

Gostev wrote:I actually sent my QNAP back because of that. But the sad truth is, I am yet to find low-end NAS with reliable and performant iSCSI implementation.
Back from VMworld with brand new Drobo B800i. Planning to put it through some good testing in my lab with v6, and will report back. Folks from Drobo are claiming their focus is providing fast and reliable production and backup storage (without tons of fluff features), which sounds like exactly what I need. Will see what they've got and how well it works.

Ariel
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: Ariel Boer

Post by Ariel » Nov 02, 2011 5:41 pm

jsprinkleisg wrote: Wait - kinda sounds like you have an iSCSI LUN mapped to two different servers simultaneously? If that's the case, that could definitely cause corruption problems.
you think so? I just jumped back on here to say that disabling AV did not help. How would you recommend we access that drive? Map to it like \\veeamServer\iscsiDrive?

Gostev
SVP, Product Management
Liked: 3278 times

Post by Gostev » Nov 02, 2011 8:22 pm

He means you should not attach the same LUN via iSCSI initiator to two Windows servers at once, which is very valid suggestion. Attach it via iSCSI to backup server, and from other servers access it via a CIFS share.