Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Ratcha
Influencer
Liked: 7 times

RPC function failed Code 1726

Post by Ratcha »

I'm getting this error.

Creating snapshot RPC function call failed. Function name: [GetFreezeState]. Target machine: [192.168.x.x]. RPC error:The remote procedure call failed. Code: 1726

This is an Exchange 2007 Server running Hub Transport and Client Access roles, and is also in a WNLB with another identical server.

I believe the issue is due to the fact that the IP address listed next to Target machine is the WNLB address that is being shared with the other Exchange 2007 Hub Transport and Client Access server. It's not connecting to the hosts dedicated IP, and I'm not sure how Veeam is determining which IP to use. The backup completed without issue for the other server in the WNLB cluster, so I'm assuming it used the host address in that instance. It could have also used the WNLB address for HTCA1 and just didn't display a warning, I don't know.

The 2 servers actually consist of 3 servers
  • HTCA1
  • HTCA2
  • HTCA Cluster <- Veeam is using the IP address of this cluster instead of the individual node.
Any ideas appreciated.
Gostev
Chief Product Officer
Liked: 6699 times

Re: RPC function failed Code 1726

Post by Gostev »

I have not seen this error before, but it is pretty generic Windows RPC error there... could be due to anything... I suggest that you open a case with our technical support, as this would probably require some brains to troubleshoot. Our Windows RPC guru is on vacation right now, but he will be back later this week.

As for your IP question, I believe we use whatever IP VMware Tools returns, and if there are multiple we use the first IP from the same network Veeam Backup server is installed in.