I'm using VB&R 188.8.131.523 and from few days I have an issue during the backup, I receive this error:
Error: The RPC server is unavailable. RPC function call failed. Function name: [GetSvcVersion]. Target machine: [XX.XX.XX.XX].
Just to complete the picture:
1) XX.XX.XX.XX is a virtual machine, Windows 2008 R2 hosted on a ESXi, it's the backup proxy
2) the host is an ESXi 5.5 U2
3) the NAS is a Synology in the same subnet (no space issues)
4) the firewall on XX.XX.XX.XX is off
5) disk space on XX.XX.XX.XX is ok
6) I have already rebooted the XX.XX.XX.XX twice
7) I have checked all Veeam related services and all are up and running
8 ) the antivirus is on but it's the same of other machines that run Veeam with no issues
9) the backup fails after the step "Changed block tracking is enabled", after 2 mins from start
10) nothing is changed on XX.XX.XX.XX from months
Any suggestions is really appreciated.