Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
DaveWatkins
Veteran
Liked: 97 times

Scheduler not being obeyed

Post by DaveWatkins »

Has anyone seen an issue with the GA v11 release where it doesn't properly obey the scheduler?

In my case I have two jobs set to run at different times once a week. They are set to "Daily at this time" but have only a single day selected.

However they are running every single day at the selected time, not just on the day they are set to run.

I've tried saving to a new day but the next run time listed is always less than 24 hours away at the time selected (just not the day).

I can't see anything in any of the release notes for any of the patches or in 11a's release notes to suggest this has been fixed but I'm planning on doing that upgrade anyway in hopes it fixes it
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Scheduler not being obeyed

Post by foggy »

Do you probably have full backup enabled for every day of the week?
DaveWatkins
Veteran

Post by DaveWatkins »

Aha!

Yes I had set it to do synthetic fulls every day from when I'd switched to Immutable repos. We have very low retention to the local repo so the only way to not keep long chains until the whole chain expired was to do synthetics every day for all our normal jobs. I've just set those 2 jobs to only do synthetic fulls on the same day the job is scheduled to run and now the next run date looks good.

A little weird that that setting overrides the actual scheduled run times but that's fixed it at least

Thanks
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Yes, this setting has a priority - otherwise, why would you configure the job to run full if you do not want them to run?
DaveWatkins
Veteran

Post by DaveWatkins »

In my case it was so should someone choose another day to run the job at some later point in time I could be assured it would still run a Synthetic full. Logically I would expect the Schedule to be the final arbitrator of when a job runs. Those tickboxes to me are about _how_ it runs, not if it runs.

In any case, problem solves, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!