Dave-Departed wrote:I've rescanned the offsite repository in Veeam, and I've even imported the backup into the Veeam console (where it shows under Imported Backups), but when I go to add it to my Backup Copy Job, I just can't see the VM anywhere other than browsing to it through Infrastructure?
Vitaliy S. wrote:Another reason why you cannot map your backup files could the version of these copied files. I didn't pay attention that you're trying to do that using backup files created by version 6.5. If you have an opportunity, can you please try to create active full using version 7 and then map your backup copy job to this newly created backup file?
v.Eremin wrote:I’m also wondering what the source of the backup copy job is. Is it a backup job or individual VMs, instead? Thanks.
Dave-Departed wrote:If I browse the backup file in the Veeam console, I can see it has 14 restore points associated with it, but obviously they are not there because I didn't import the VRB files. How do I get round this, please?
Vitaliy S. wrote:Yes, I have just talked to our QC team and it appears that you can only map backup copy job to the active full backup only, there shouldn't be any incremental files present in the backup chain.
If you do not want to run active full against the production VMs, here is a small tip/workaround that might help you:
1. Create any backup copy job on the local site
2. Add VMs you want to create backup files for to this job
3. Run this job to create a vbk file on any new local repository. Make sure your synchrotinzation interval ("Copy every" parameter) covers all VM restore points available on the main backup repository
4. Move newly created vbk file (and vbm) to the offsite repository
5. Run a re-scan job to pouplate backup console with that vbk file
6. Configure your "main" backup copy job to use the vbk file you've added to the remote repository in the backup mapping step of the wizard
7. Click "Sync now" to run your "main" backup copy job
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], CharlesMak, Google [Bot], Google Feedfetcher and 1 guest