Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
squebel
Service Provider
Liked: 12 times

SOBR extents using CIFS keeps going offline after v11 upgrade

Post by squebel »

Hello,

After our v11 upgrade, we are have constant issues with Veeam saying that some of our SOBR extents are unavailable and of course this is causing jobs to fail and all kinds of problems. But when I get on the proxy servers that are set for access to these extents, I can browse to the share without any issue. That means, to me, that the server's ability to access the files is not a problem at least at that moment in time. I go to rescan the repo or the actual proxy server and sometimes it will come back online, sometimes it will not. In some of the jobs, I see this error reported: "Failed to call RPC function 'FcIsExists': A device attached to the system is not functioning."

We have rebooted the servers multiple times. I've checked at the Netapp side and things are fine but this really started as soon as we went to v11. Are there any known bugs with SMB that we should know about? We will get a case open but I wanted to post here as these forums are always incredibly helpful. Thanks!
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: SOBR extents using CIFS keeps going offline after v11 upgrade

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
I just checked the well known issues list and there is nothing like that on it. Please provide a support case ID for this issue, as requested when you click New Topic.

Without case number, the topic will eventually be
deleted by moderators

Best regards,
Hannes

PS: support can only help if you upload logs https://www.veeam.com/kb1832