nina_g
Lurker
Liked: never

SQL-Transaction-Log-Backup hanging up when vCenter Serve

Post by nina_g »

SQL-Transaction-Log-Backup hanging up when vCenter-server not reachable
Veeam Support - Case # 00956675

Hello,

we have a vCenter server 5.1 with 4 different cluster, 22 hosts and 4 Veeam Backup & Replication server (8.0.0.2030). On this Veeam B&R-servers we have a few SQL-backup-jobs but only one of those makes problems only when the vCenter server is not reachable (for example when the vCenter server make a reboot).

In this case the SQL-transaction-log-backup-job (that should save all 30 minutes the backup-logs) is hanging up. The last message is "uploading transaction logs backup to log shipping server" (the shipping servers are reachable!), but nothing else happens, also the vCenter server is online again. Only a new run of an incremental backup for this job or sometimes only a Veeam-B&R-Server-reboot reenable this transaction log backup.

The other SQL-jobs (on another cluster but the same vCenter) running with or without the vCenter-server.

The Veeam Support gave some tips but nothing helps. So we have configured the veeam-proxy to "network" and migrated the SQL-server on the same host and datastore as the veeam-backup-server.

Does anyone have a solution for this problem?

Greetings from Germany
- Nina
PTide
Product Manager
Liked: 728 times

Re: SQL-Transaction-Log-Backup hanging up when vCenter Serve

Post by PTide »

Hi,

Your infrastructure seems to be complicated enough and unfortunately I can't see all the details from here =) I believe that some log review might be needed as well as a Webex session.
I suggest you to keep going with support and see if they find anything. Be sure - if someone comes up with an idea it will be posted here right away.

Thank you.