Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
sheehanje
Novice
Liked: never
Full Name: John Sheehan

Staggering Copy Jobs

Post by sheehanje »

We purchased two NAS devices to have in a remote site to start having offline backups. Every Monday, Wednesday, Friday, one device is plugged into the network, and on Tuesday and Thursday, the other is plugged in.

I created two copy jobs - both identical except for the target repository and the days it's allowed to transfer data - however I'm noticing some issues with this.

First is the jobs continuously run, and even though I disabled transfer on certain days, it still is seeking out the target and sending failure notifications.

The second issue I am seeing is on the second job, I'm getting Error: The network path was not found ..... Agent failed to process method

I'm assuming it's something to do with cataloging and I can only have one copy job?

Does anyone have suggestions to work around these issues? We'd really like to get this implementing as a last resort for ransomware protection.
HannesK
Product Manager
Liked: 2890 times
Full Name: Hannes Kasparick

Re: Staggering Copy Jobs

Post by HannesK »

Hello,
are you using GFS on the BCJ? If not, then configuring the repository with "rotated drives" could help https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... l?ver=95u4

To avoid the "continuously" run, you could script a "disable job".

In future (V10), the the "immediate" backup copy job might also help. It does not run continuously.

Best regards,
Hannes