Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mwpreston
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: mike

Storage file vbk is missing

Post by mwpreston »

Hi all,

First, our vCenter ran out of space and I got the following error...

Initializing target session
A general system error occurred: Failed to write to C:\ProgramData\VMware\VMware VirtualCenter\journal\1320397311.14942: Error writing file. There is not enough space on the disk.

After adding more space i now see the following happen...
Have this error come up when I try and do a replication....error comes up on every vm in every replication job.
Initializing target session
Storage file '[datastorename] VeeamBackup/vm-name(vm-47827)/2011-11-03T170123.vbk' is missing from host 'esxi-host'. If you are using initial replica seeding, please follow the instruction from the readme.txt file in the chosen seeding location. If you changed replica destination in the replication job settings, please make sure you have moved all replica files to the new destination correctly.

I can browse to all the VeeamBackup folders, I can see the Replica vms and they are all in tact with the vbk file and all....Just for some reason I can't replicate anymore....

Any help?
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2710 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Storage file vbk is missing

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Mike,

If you have all files in tact, then it must be something else that prevents you from continuing replication job. Do you have a support ticket opened with our team?

Thanks.
Bowlzee
Influencer
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Craig Bowles

Post by Bowlzee »

i have the same problem anything happen with this?
mwpreston
Enthusiast
Liked: 9 times
Full Name: mike

Post by mwpreston »

I ended up reseeding all my replicas upon the advice from veeam support. There were some key files missing, not sure where they went. But they were gone. Hope this helps :)