Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
mc625569sw
Lurker
Liked: never
Full Name: Mike Cohen

Sure backup error CRM SQL server - no nic

Post by mc625569sw »

Hello

Veeam 7 latest patch. I have a sure backup job that runs against a web server and a sql server. Both on same subnet.
The web server sure backup runs fine. SQL sure backup fails at "powering on"

If I watch sql sure backup run, I see it boot, and I can login and see there is no nic. If I reboot into safe mode, a nic is detected, and I can then log into windows and assign an ip and everything works fine.

I know my lab is setup properly because the other vms in the sure backup job are working and can ping around. I know my backup of the sql server is valid since I can boot it in safe mode, detect the nic , then apply the address manually. I have a DC in my application group which is available once a nic is present.

But without manual intervention, I cant get this sql box to come up with a nic that has the correct IP.
its running dynamics CRM 2011 with sql 2008 r2 windows 2008 r2.

Support has not been helpful and keeps punting me to docs about how to setup a vlab which is setup correctly.

Any advice is appreciated. I'd like surebackup to work and support has not been helpful thus far.
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Re: Sure backup error CRM SQL server - no nic

Post by veremin »

Hi, Mike, I'm wondering what type of NIC the said VM has. Is it VMXNET3 by any chance? Previously ,there has been a number of issues related to it. Also, can you tell me your support ticket number, so that, we can take a look at your case? Thanks.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: Sure backup error CRM SQL server - no nic

Post by foggy »

You could also ask your support engineer to escalate the case to a higher tier for closer investigation.