Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
AlexeyG
Novice
Liked: never

SureBackup - how to disable adding static routes during the job run?

Post by AlexeyG »

Hi there,

As per design, VBR is adding temporary static routes during the Surebackup job run. But our network is complicated and it doesn't work. I need to use different routes which conflicts with auto-added. How to disable auto-publishing routes?

Regards,
Alexey.
Mildur
Product Manager
Liked: 2294 times
Full Name: Fabian K.

Re: SureBackup - how to disable adding static routes during the job run?

Post by Mildur »

Hi Alexey

Without static routes, network and application testing won't work in a sure backup job.
Our routing is only created for the temporary target networks specified in the virtual lab settings.
Is it still interfering with your network even if you choose a temporary network which doesn't exist in your production network?

Best,
Fabian
Product Management Analyst @ Veeam Software
AlexeyG
Novice

Post by AlexeyG »

Hi Fabian,

I am probably not clear enough. I need the routes to Virtual Lab but the automatic ones generated by the Surebackup are wrong. And I can't add the correct one because it is conflicting with the automatically added one. So I need to disable adding routes automatically and then will be able to add proper static persistent routes.
Hope it makes sence.

Regards,
Alexey.
AlexeyG
Novice

Post by AlexeyG »

Just thought another acceptable option is to let VBS publish routes, but the once I need, not wrong auto-generated.
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Hi Alexey

Does your virtual lab appliance have an IP in the same subnet as the backup server or in another subnet?
If there is a router between the backup server (subnet1) and the virtual lab appliance (subnet2), you must configure routing to the virtual lab on your router device in your network.

That scenario is fully supported. If you still see issues with the routing, please open a case with our customer support team and let them check why it doesn't work.

Best,
Fabian
AlexeyG
Novice

Post by AlexeyG »

Hi Mildur,

Yes as I mentioned our network is quite complex and Virtual Lab and Management server are on the different routed networks. I don't need support in finding what is working what is not, I just need to find out how to disable automatic route publishing =) As soon as I am doing it by myself everything works fine. I have already raised the case, by some reason no answer in two days, and I need to progress on it.

Thank you anyway.
Regards,
Alexey.
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Can you please share the case number with me? I want to check the case before suggesting the next steps for your request.

Best,
Fabian
Mildur
Product Manager

Post by Mildur »

Hello Alexey

Thanks for sending me the case number.
I reviewed the case and couldn't find any information about your network schema.
Please provide information about your current network schema to the support case.
We would like to understand how your network is connected to the backup server and virtual appliance.

From there, we can troubleshoot the use case and decide, if it's a bug, technical issue or currently unsupported configuration for our product.

Best,
Fabian