Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
stewsie
Expert
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Paul

SureBackup questions

Post by stewsie »

This may have been asked already as I have seen some similar posts, apologies if this is the case

1. Is it possible within a SureBackup job to change the order that VMs start? If a job contains multiple VMs and one has a dependency on say a database server I would want to start that first
2. I tried a Surebackup job that contained 5 Linux VMs and every time this job fails. I am only trying the Heartbeat test. If I open the VM console I can see the logon prompt and also the VM tools are running yet the job fails waiting for the VM to start. I have extended the timeout but the result is still the same. Any idea why this is? SureBackup jobs with only Windows VMs work using the same settings.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: SureBackup questions

Post by foggy »

1. I believe the list of VMs specifies the order they boot in the vLab.
2. Please let our engineers take a closer look at what's happening.
JoshuaPostSAMC
Expert
Liked: 22 times

Post by JoshuaPostSAMC » 1 person likes this post

Check to see if your vNICs on the Linux SureBackup VMs are fully configured. Many of my Linux VMs either see the nic as a new one, or aren't even fully registered when doing a SureBackup test, so they don't get the proper IP, DHCP or Static, so Vmware Tools can't be verified and so it fails
tdewin
Veeam Software
Liked: 646 times
Full Name: Timothy Dewin

Post by tdewin »

For the order of the VM, define the VMs in an application group. This will not only respect the order of the VMs but also keeps your SQL server running for the whole running job:
https://helpcenter.veeam.com/docs/backu ... tml?ver=95
stewsie
Expert

Post by stewsie »

Thanks for the pointer regarding the Linux network cards. I will get the Linux support team to check this when I run the job.
stewsie
Expert

Post by stewsie »

Has anyone managed to get SureBackup working with Linux VMs? I am still having problems where the SureBackup VM has no network settings configured. The Linux team have made some changes but they don't appear to have worked. I need to get this feature working and if anyone has any advice then it will be gratefully received.
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Hi Paul, have you asked our technical support engineers for assistance with this?