maxfontana
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Massimiliano Fontana

[Replication] switching from hotadd to nbd takes too long

Post by maxfontana »

Hi there.
first of all my backup infrastructure:
two esxi 4.1 (VMFS3) (soon to be upgraded) in a cluster with a shared storage (san equallogic with 3 LUN and three different block sizes 1M, 4M and 8 M) handling 15 vms and a third host not in cluster esxi 5.5 with local storage ( VMFS5) used mainly as "spare host in case of emergency".
I have scheduled several replica jobs in order to replicate my vms to the third host and everything runs smoothly. the average time for a single job to complete is 8-10 minutes.
Since yesterday, without me touching anything, some replica jobs take an eternity. Digging a little bit , I've discovered that the process hangs with the hotadd transport for the target disk and instead of switching to nbd trasnport, it waits and waits....
I try to attach two pictures. Notice that both vms reside on the same lun.
Any idea?
thank you in advance.
Max
Italy

foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: [Replication] switching from hotadd to nbd takes too lon

Post by foggy »

Massimiliano, please contact technical support and let them take a look at your environment.
maxfontana
Influencer
Liked: never
Full Name: Massimiliano Fontana

Re: [Replication] switching from hotadd to nbd takes too lon

Post by maxfontana »

Thanks for the suggestion.
Actually I already opened a ticket yesterday at 5 PM (italian hour) and I got an answer today at 8 AM but the support just asked me if I changed something in my infrastructure. I immediately sent a reply but after 9 hrs still to get an answer.
I understand that I don't have a critical issue but was just hopping to get faster response...
Regards
Max