Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
AC82
Novice
Liked: 2 times
Full Name: Andreas Cremer

Re: Thank you, Gostev

Post by AC82 » 1 person likes this post

There it will be hard to add something, that not is already sayed. Your digest is some special around the topics backup, data security, costumer field expierience and some inside informations at veeam. Something similar I didn´t saw before. Many thanks to you Anton!
mtellier
Influencer
Liked: 22 times
Full Name: Mark Tellier

Post by mtellier » 1 person likes this post

I also agree. Thank you Gostev for investing the time to write these weekly insights into Veeam and the world of technology!
ITP-Stan
Service Provider
Liked: 55 times
Full Name: Stan (IF-IT4U)

Post by ITP-Stan »

lucius_the wrote: Nov 29, 2021 12:57 pm Btw: if anyone has hints about other newsletters or digests similar to this one, please let me know !
If not too much off-topic, I would like to know myself, if there are other newsletters that are on the same level and worthwile.
Giacomo_N
Enthusiast
Liked: 16 times
Full Name: Giacomo

Post by Giacomo_N » 1 person likes this post

I want to add my personal thank you, it's the only one newsletter that I read carefully since 2013, everything has already been said in the posts above!
adamfindlay
Service Provider
Liked: 20 times
Full Name: Adam Findlay

Post by adamfindlay » 1 person likes this post

Its fantastic, I learn so much from the weekly digest email not only about everything Veeam related but also useful and interesting technical information and points about the industry in general that I have relayed to my work colleagues and customers many times! Thankyou Gostev!
vchris
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: vChris

Post by vchris » 1 person likes this post

As a partner and Veeam integrator since 2008 I must said that Veeam wouldn't be the same without Gostev. A real Techno Evangelist with much passion.

The weekly digest is definitely a nice starting point on Monday and generally the first mail I read. Always some good brain food into it.

Thanks for all these years and I hope that we will have many more ahead.
Knight of the always on
rweis
Veeam Software
Liked: 73 times
Full Name: Randy Weis

Post by rweis » 1 person likes this post

I started reading these12 years ago when I on-boarded Veeam as a partner when managing the storage/backup portfolio at GreenPages Technology Solutions. It led to my working for Veeam!
Randy Weis
Enterprise SE, NA Strategic Accounts
PeterC
Enthusiast
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: Peter Camps

Post by PeterC » 1 person likes this post

Nice to see this topic! My monday mornings also always start with your weekly digest and have found many interesting topics. Also your many replies in several topics on this forum.
Keep up the great work!
benmac
Novice
Liked: 1 time
Full Name: Ben

Post by benmac » 1 person likes this post

I take pride in faithfully finding that hidden "Unsubscribe" from every newsletter I didn't ask for, but inevitably start receiving after putting my email in a web form. I read 1 newsletter, and that's Gostev's.

Thank you very much for your candor, insight, and sometimes humor. I even forward your newsletter to other folks at my company from time to time, as the writings often apply to so many on the IT frontlines.

Thanks, and keep up the great work!
Tim Diskataneous
Lurker
Full Name: Tim Grunkemeyer

Post by Tim Diskataneous » 3 people like this post

I received the weekly Veeam R&D Forums Digest today and I was very happy to see Gostev's commentary again after many weeks! I really missed his insights! Thanks Gostev :D
mkretzer
Veeam Legend
Liked: 388 times

Post by mkretzer » 2 people like this post

I miss Antons weekly digest dearly, but i also understand the situation and that not everything goes back to normal just because some time passes..

Still, i really feel alot more uninformed withouth Antons words at the beginning of the week - it was always such a nice thing to look forward to after the weekend at the start of the workday...
neilvbell
Novice
Full Name: Neil V. Bell

Post by neilvbell » 3 people like this post

I Just read Anton's most recent update for "The word from Gostev" and thought I would find something like this here already. :)
Anton, thank you so much for the great updates. I hope you carry them on at some point but, if not, I would like to add my appreciation for them over the years. It occurred to me that maybe you either take a much needed break OR maybe (with permission from Veeam, of course) take the opportunity to write about what you are doing and feeling right now relating to the conflict. Maybe there is something useful the community can do to give back, even if it is just emotional support. :)
Either way, thank you Anton and take care.
rjiupat
Novice
Liked: 1 time

Post by rjiupat »

I'd like to chime in that I too was happy to see the return of the weekly digest post, although I fully understand the desire to step back from it. I'd also like to throw out there that I'm sure that I'm not the only one who has felt like I can't do all that much to directly help the refugees, but if Gostev were to put up a GoFundMe or something I'd pitch in.
stfconsulting
Service Provider
Liked: 12 times
Full Name: S Furman

Post by stfconsulting » 2 people like this post

Thank you Gostev for the time and effort you put into this newsletter. It is much appreciated!

Our Wasabi deployment is 100% attributed to you encouraging us into looking into immutable backups!