Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Encode7
Influencer
Liked: 11 times
Full Name: Ian

The last veeam feature you used that saved you time?

Post by Encode7 » 7 people like this post

I recently moved all my jobs from one repository to another (due to a storage hardware change).

It was so simple to do, I just moved the jobs physical folder then changed the drop down repository selection list on the job properties form, that made me think.

What was the last time that you felt that way (this is amazing) when using veeam?
@iannoble
ACEM
Novice
Liked: 5 times
Full Name: Isaac

Re: The last veeam feature you used that saved you time?

Post by ACEM » 4 people like this post

Had to move all my VMs from one set of hosts to another. Used Veeam replication, couldn't have been easier.
MartinM
Novice
Liked: 7 times
Full Name: Martin Meyer

Post by MartinM » 4 people like this post

Same as Encode7. When we bought a new host and I moved 4 VM's (including an SBS2011 running as DC, NAV and Exchange Server) with a downtime of 5 minutes in total through Veeam, I actually declared to our technical consultant that I wanted to marry Veeam! No wedding yet though, but I'm still in love.

The little things count as well. Loggin in to our Veeam server every morning and see perfect results, great speed and never any errors. Such a big small victory every day, compared to when we ran TSM and/or Backup Exec.
Cragdoo
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 251 times
Full Name: Craig Dalrymple

Post by Cragdoo » 4 people like this post

MartinM wrote:... I actually declared to our technical consultant that I wanted to marry Veeam! No wedding yet though, but I'm still in love...
Are you coming to VeeamOn? It is in Vegas afterall ...maybe Veeam can arrange a little something at the Little White Chaple ?? :) http://www.alittlewhitechapel.com/
wobble_wobble
Novice
Liked: 4 times
Full Name: Joseph McGlynn

Post by wobble_wobble » 4 people like this post

If I've been working with a customer that has ArcServer or Backup Exec and we've been restoring files or application data. Your time can sometime drop into a large pit of time. Then I move to a customer with Veeam and I get a smile, as it will take 15 minutes....

So every time I have to restore files/ applications or even emails for a customer using Veeam.
Cragdoo
Veeam Vanguard
Liked: 251 times
Full Name: Craig Dalrymple

Post by Cragdoo » 2 people like this post

The last feature I used that saved me time ...easy.... Instant VM recovery , absolutely priceless for those .."Quick I need to get my VM back up and running" moments.
pesos
Expert
Liked: 17 times
Full Name: John Johnson

Post by pesos » 1 person likes this post

Joe! Miss you big guy. Not the same with Minasi down.

On topic: Exchange restores are a whole other world with Veeam. Fantastic after dealing with the ridiculous dpm solution.

-Wes
jgl75
Influencer
Liked: 5 times

Post by jgl75 » 4 people like this post

I got my first crypto locker infection last week.
I had to restore 5To of data.

I thought it was going to take the night, it took only 10 minutes.
I just L O V E Veeam :P

I'm just hoping I won't get a crypto locker infection at a client where they are still using Backup Exec !
jig1
Novice
Liked: 4 times

Post by jig1 » 3 people like this post

Developer ran a bad SQL query that messed up a table in our production database. Luckily had transactional backups every 15 min. With a click of a button in SQL explorer restored the database back to that point.

And I cant wait for v9's capability to set staging server on other database servers so I can look at the transactions in detail!

Good job Veeam!
tbrownfield
Novice
Liked: 3 times

Post by tbrownfield » 3 people like this post

Instant VM Recovery and the new NetApp plug-in! We sold off some of our plants around the country last year. As part of the sale, we had to stand up an isolated environment in our DR data center on the opposite coast with copies of about 70 virtual machines to allow them to migrate services to their own systems. Using VMware cloning was brutal--hours of waiting only to have something fail and then have to try again. Using Veeam, we got it down to minutes and were able to spin the Active Directory components from beginning to end in less than 20 minutes--complete with DC and DNS automated testing. It was a major game changer for the entire divestiture process.