Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
Guido
Enthusiast
Liked: never
Full Name: Guido

The system detected an address conflict for IP

Post by Guido »

During backup of a exchange server 2010 we sometimes get an IP conflict (Event 4199). As a result the clustering features of the DAG report a failover cluster membership error. Also static routes to different networks are corrupted. Why is there a IP conflict?
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Re: The system detected an address conflict for IP

Post by foggy »

Guido, I'm not sure this issue is connected with the backup process. However, you'd definitely better contact our technical support as logs review is required to identify the reasons of such behavior. Thanks.
omarfenech
Lurker
Full Name: Omar Fenech

Post by omarfenech »

Hi All,

We are experiencing the same issue every time the Exchange Servers are replicated. First error is a Critical FailoverClustering one event ID 1135 then that one is follow buy several other errors including an IP conflict error of the DAG.

Almost every time that a replication is done the database is switched from one server to another which sometimes causes client disconnections. My guess is that during the release of the snapshot the connection is being timed out.

Would really like to have this fixed.

Omar
foggy
Veeam Software
Liked: 2115 times
Full Name: Alexander Fogelson

Post by foggy »

Omar, snapshot commit can indeed cause loss of connectivity and result in a cluster failover. You may want to review the following hints regarding Exchange 2010 DAG backup, probably implementing them will allow to avoid failover and subsequent issues. You could also play with tolerance settings of the DAG, as mentioned here.

Thanks.
chas1121
Lurker
Full Name: Charlie Altenbach

Post by chas1121 »

i am currently experiencing the same exact issue, glad i stumbled across this post as the IP Address conflict was starting to drive me crazy. were you able to resolve this issue? my cluster also fails, it happens exactly as the job is finishing and the snapshot is being removed from the exchange vm. i checked perf counters while the snap was being removed and notices upwards of 100ms of latency on the disk(s).
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2719 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Charlie, I believe you should adjust the timeout settings to make your cluster more tolerable during snapshot commit operation. Thanks!
veremin
Product Manager
Liked: 2258 times
Full Name: Vladimir Eremin

Post by veremin »

Hi, Charlie, I'm wondering what DAG node you're backing up. Passive or Active one? Thanks.
omarfenech
Lurker
Full Name: Omar Fenech

Post by omarfenech »

We are backing up both exchange servers and we see the same errors on both of them.

Cluster node 'Server XXX' was removed from the active failover cluster membership. The Cluster service on this node may have stopped. This could also be due to the node having lost communication with other active nodes in the failover cluster. Run the Validate a Configuration wizard to check your network configuration. If the condition persists, check for hardware or software errors related to the network adapters on this node. Also check for failures in any other network components to which the node is connected such as hubs, switches, or bridges.

This happens everytime the snapshot is deleted.
gakke
Lurker
Full Name: David Margolin

Post by gakke »

I'm getting the same problem with cluster errors and IP conflict on my DAG IP. Has anybody got rid of these errors by adjusting the timeout values?