Comprehensive data protection for all workloads
markharford
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Mark Harford

Tidying up Replication Jobs

Post by markharford »

We have a number of replication jobs all of which point to the same target but which we would prefer to run sequentially rather than in parallel (due to Hyper-V redirected access).

Therefore I would like to reduce them down to a single job containing all replicated VMs so that I can be confident that the replications will all run one after another and there is no possibility of overlap.

My question is - If I was to simply delete the existing Replication jobs and create a new one targeting the same host/path/VMs/etc, would it automatically map to the existing replicas along with their CBT data? Or would I need to create a seeding job mapping to the existing replicas?

What I don't want to happen is to see duplication of data as the remote host would run out of disk space.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Re: Tidying up Replication Jobs

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Hi Mark,

There is no need to perform initial seeding, just map production VMs into existing replicas on the Hyper-V host to continue running incremental passes.

Thanks!
markharford
Influencer
Liked: 3 times
Full Name: Mark Harford

Post by markharford »

Ok thanks.
So on the New Replication Job wizard, I would
1) tick the box for 'Low connection bandwidth (enable replica seeding)
2) In the seeding section, select 'Map replicas to existing VMs', click detect and map them
3) run the job

Any tidy up of the job required afterwards? I've noticed you have to do that for Initial seeding type jobs.
Vitaliy S.
VP, Product Management
Liked: 2720 times
Full Name: Vitaliy Safarov

Post by Vitaliy S. »

Yes, the procedure looks good to me, no additional steps are required.